- Overnight oats (combine in mason jar and put in fridge the night before: 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup lactose free milk/almond milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 4 sliced strawberries, 1 Tbsp nut butter or 1 Tbsp chia seed) (not SCD legal)
- Ripe Avocado smashed on Whole Grain (or grain free for SCD) Toast with freshly cracked pepper and sea salt; Orange (if low FODMAP, substitute egg or nut butter for avocado)
- Poached Egg on a bed of spinach; 1 cup of Fresh Fruit (like melon or blueberries)
- Waffles made with whole grain (or grain free for SCD) flour; top with fresh fruit or homemade fruit compote
- Grilled chicken with stewed tomatoes, quinoa (or “cauliflower rice” for SCD)
- Kale salad with baked salmon, sliced oranges, slivered almonds, raspberries, chèvre (or cheddar cheese for SCD), lemon juice/olive oil; Whole grain (or grain free for SCD) bread
- Baked firm tofu (or other lean protein for SCD) served with sautéed baby bok choy and shiitake mushrooms (sesame oil, ginger, rice wine vinegar) (no mushroom if low FODMAP)
- Baked fish with lemon and dill, asparagus, roasted squash
- Greek yogurt with fresh fruit (use lactose free yogurt for low FODMAP; homemade yogurt for SCD)
- Fresh fruit, and nuts
- Caramelized citrus with yogurt (use lactose free yogurt for low FODMAP; homemade yogurt for SCD)
- Banana “ice cream” (place peeled ripe bananas in freezer, once frozen you can mash in bowl or put in food processor and blend until texture resembles ice cream)
- Fruit compote (cook diced/pureed fruit of choice with a little water until reduced/thickened) added to yogurt, cereal, banana “ice cream”, pancakes, etc.
- avoid processed/packaged/prepared foods and soda/juice as much as possible
- choose organic, grass-fed meats when able
- try to cook most of the foods you eat, and use fresh unadulterated meats, fruits, vegetables, grains when able
- include a serving of fruit and/or vegetable with every meal. One serving is equal to 1/2 cup cooked or one cup raw.
- season foods with fresh herbs and spices
- include a high calcium food with every meal: milk/lactose free milk, almond milk, aged cheese (cheddar, parmesean, etc), dark leafy greens, fortified grains, tofu, yogurt/lactose free yogurt
- limit added sugars, alcohol, and caffeine
- stay hydrated!